What to choose: a kitchen table or island?
Let’s be honest and declare that one of the very first elements we see upon walking into a kitchen is the island – if there is one, of course. Even more so if someone is already seated at the island or, better, if a spread of delicious food is laid out on the surface.
Another great advantage of the kitchen island is that, thanks to it being higher than your average kitchen table, you can either sit or stand at it – completely up to you! This is especially comfortable when socialising in the kitchen over a plate of appetisers and some tea (or wine) before moving on to the more formal dining room. That said, the kitchen island can serve as a casual stepping stone between meeting-and-greeting the guests at the front door and kicking off the main event, like a dinner party in the dining room or birthday celebration out on the patio.
More benefits of the kitchen island:
• Plenty of storage – an island allows for at least two more cabinets, two drawers, and maybe even some display shelving for a few cookbooks and other collectibles.
• Its size can vary according to the available space.
• It doubles up perfectly as a breakfast bar, ensuring a comfy dining space once the worktop overhangs the units and provides space for some stools.
• An island is great for displaying and storing a few kitchen accessories.
• Kitchen islands can be used for a multitude of different activities, from food prepping and baking to a comfy homework zone for the kiddies.
• A lot of homeowners are moving the stove top to the island and treating themselves to a second cooking station, enabling them to prepare meals together and, thus, enjoy more quality time with family and friends.
The only disadvantage of the kitchen island is that it doesn’t always fit into a galley (long) kitchen; however, it’s perfect for your more typical L-shape and U-shape spaces.What to choose: a kitchen table or island? g a new kitchen sink for your home, there is a lot of information to consider. American Standard offers a variety of kitchen sinks - use our how-to guide to learn more about these features and how to choose the best kitchen sink for your home.
How To Choose The Right Kitchen Sink For Your Home. How To Choose The Right Kitchen Sink For Your Home The kitchen is the heart of the home, but did you know the sink is the heart of the kitchen? 60% of time spent in the kitchen is at the sink station.
How To Choose The BEST White For Your Kitchen Cabinets. Tips for Choosing the Best White Paint Colours for Cabinets. It can be DAMN tricky to pick the right white for your kitchen cabinets because it’s not just about what YOU want, it’s about what your KITCHEN wants – and kitchens can be pretty finicky.